STEPS TO SALVATION
STEPS TO SALVATION
1. Realize that you are a sinner. You may consider yourself a good person, but just being good isn’t good enough. The Bible says,
“There is none righteous, no, not one”. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God”. Romans 3:10,23
2. REPENT or turn away from your sin.
Acts 3:19 says: “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.” (NIV). Repent literally means “a change of mind that results in a change of action.” The resulting “change in action” is, of course, the turning away FROM SIN and TURNING TO GOD.
3. BELIEVE that JESUS Christ died on the cross and rose again. This is the only way that you can have forgiveness of sins.
“For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. But God commendeth His love toward us, in that , while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us”. Romans 5:6,8
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him”. John 3:36
4. CONFESS JESUS Christ as your personal Saviour. “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth The Lord JESUS, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unit righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation”. Romans 10:9,10
MORE SALVATION SCRIPTURES
1 John 5:13 – These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
John 5:24 – Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Romans 10:13 – For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Soon after your New Birth, I strongly recommend that you get baptized in water. Water baptism identifies you with Christ’s DEATH, BURIAL, and RESURRECTION. It also symbolizes a washing away of the old man and the raising of a NEW MAN in Christ.
SEE Romans 3:3-14
BE FILLED With the Holy Ghost!!!!
This will empower you to operate as a Christian with BOLDNESS!!!
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8
Suggested Prayer For Salvation:
Dear Father God, I know that I am a Sinner and need your Forgivness.
I believe that your Son Jesus Christ Died in my Place, Paying the Penalty for all my Sins. I am willing to turn away from Sin. I now invite Jesus Christ to come into my Heart and Life as my own Personal Savior. I am willing by your Help to Follow and Obey Jesus Christ as the Lord of My Life! Amen
1. Pray Daily
2.Read The Bible Daily! (I recommend Beginning with John)
3. Attend a Good Bible Preaching Church where God’s Word is Preached and not watered down.
JESUS IS LORD!!!